This is an attempt to put the story into its chronological order. By nature of being a blog, it means that it reads from the present backwards, and that makes it harder to trace this account from its beginning.
These are the headlines only – there are many snippets and updates which are not indexed. Bear with me………….this is a work in progress 🙂
- The beginning – finding something suspicious
- The diagnosis
- The diagnosis sinks in
- The surgery
- Post surgery
- The lymph node story
- Getting out of hospital
- Results and the treatment plan
- What it does to your mind
- The second surgery
- The first chemotherapy
- Post chemo 1 – introducing the Groundhog Days
- The amazing Port and how it works
- Losing the hair
- Dealing with mastectomy – the non medical side
- Graduating to the second chemo – enter Taxotere………
- ………and its lovely side effects
- Things will never be the same again.
- Losing more hair!
- Cancer treatment as the Triathlon from Hell!
- And Chemo as a Boxing Match!
- The Final Chemo, finally
- Introducing Radiation
- Radiation begins
- A twist in the tale – Bankok’s Breast Cancer Correspondent
- Entering a new phase – return, recovery……
- The strange post treatment phase – part one and part two
- The lopsided look!
- The first 3 month check (August 2010) and afterwards
- Life with my new constant companion – Tamoxifen
- The “new normal” – or “Same, same – but different”
- Approaching a year from diagnosis
- And the Cancerversary – how I marked it and why
Dear Philippa, you are extraordinary! Please e-mail me and then Let’s go to My Mums! Kx
OH YES!!!!!! How fabby to hear from you K!! Yes e-mail coming and booking at My Mum’s for mega tongba and momos 🙂 P xx
PS pointy pointy pointy 🙂
Hi I would like to contact you in connection with an expedition to Rockfall Island in May 2015. please email me:email@example.com